Applications are accepted on a rolling basis with two annual review deadlines: March 1 and September 1.
Before Starting The Application Process Please Review
Application reviews and program acceptance is based on a first come first serve basis based on available funds.
PART 1: Eligibility Criteria
1. A U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien holding an I-155 or I-551 card (green card)
2. Licensed and/or board-certified within 5 years of completing training.
3. In good standing with your clinical discipline’s licensing body;eligible disciplines include Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, Psychiatric Physician Assistances, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Creative Arts Therapists and Nurses working in Behavioral Health Settings.
4. Not currently receiving loan repayment from another source, with the exception of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
5. Only Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program participants are eligible to apply. Participation in any other debt relief program, besides the Public Service Loan Foreignness Program, makes you ineligible for BH4NYC.
6. Not a previous recipient of loan forgiveness grant through NYC Health + Hospitals
7. Not in breach of a health professional service obligation to federal, state or local government
8. Not under any judgment liens arising from federal or state debt.
9. Committed to working full-time for NYC Health + Hospitals for at least 3 years from the date of receiving this grant
For NYC H+H current employees only: 9. A Full-time employee with no substantiated issues related to performance involving the employee in the previous 12 months.
PART 2: How To Apply
1. Please complete the electronic application
2. Provide answers in your application that match your supporting documents. If they don't, your application may be rejected.
3. Attach supporting documentation. What you will need:
o 250-word personal statement
o Support letter from supervisor (current employee)
o Copies of any professional awards received
o Copy of current student loan statement
4. We cannot fill in any missing information or contact you regarding missing information.
PART 3: After I Apply
1. You will receive a receipt of submission when you submit your completed online application.
2. Award notifications are emailed within 5 business days of closing date of each cycle.
3. After your Loan Repayment Grant contract is executed, your award is distributed in 3 annual payments per the Internal Revenue Service, please note that the first $5200 of the award is non-taxable, while the balance is subject to standard income tax.
4. You may withdraw your application from consideration any time before NYC Health +Hospital or its designee signs the contract.
Before completing this form, please read the
All applications must be submitted electronically to NYC Health + Hospitals through
this portal. If you have any questions please email BH4NYCLoanRepay@nychhc.org
Please stay tuned for further updates on our 2023-24 application cycle.
New Hires: 2nd and 4th week of each month (Monday – Friday)