NYC Health + Hospitals Employees: July 1, 2022 – November 1, 2022 and January 2, 2023 – May 13, 2023.
New Hires: 2nd and 4th week of each month (Monday – Friday).
Before Starting The Application Process Please Review
Application reviews and program acceptance is based on a first come first serve basis based on available funds.
PART 1: Eligibility Criteria
1. A U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien holding an I-155 or I-551 card (green card)
2. Licensed and/or board-certified within 5 years of completing training.
3. In good standing with your clinical discipline’s licensing body.
4. Not currently receiving loan forgiveness from another source.
5. Not a previous recipient of loan forgiveness grant through NYC Health + Hospitals
6. Not in breach of a health professional service obligation to federal, state or local government
7. Not under any judgment liens arising from federal or state debt?
8. Not delinquent in child support payments?
9. Committed to working full-time for NYC Health + Hospitals for at least 3 years from the date of receiving this grant
For NYC H+H current employees only:
10. A Full-time employee with no substantiated issues related to performance involving the employee in the previous 12 months.
PART 2: How To Apply
1. Please complete the electronic application
2. Provide answers in your application that match your supporting documents. If they don't, your application may be rejected.
3. Attach supporting documentation. What you will need:
o 500-word personal statement
o Support letter from supervisor (current employee)
o Copies of any professional awards received
o Copy of current student loan statement
4. We cannot:
• Accept requests after the deadline to update a submitted application or to submit additional materials.
• Fill in any missing information or contact you regarding missing information.
PART 3: After I Apply
1. You will receive a receipt of submission when you submit your completed online application.
2. Award notifications are emailed within 5 business days of closing date of each cycle.
3. After your Loan Repayment Grant contract is executed, your award is distributed in 3 annual payments beginning (new employees) 90 days after your start
date with NYC Heath + Hospitals or (existing employees) 90 days within your contractual assignment.
4. You may withdraw your application from consideration any time before NYC Health +Hospital or its designee signs the contract.